-->
Saturday, November 23, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Matte Brown and Maybelline Blush in Plum Shimmer


If I told you that I was on the hunt for these products, then that would be an understatement. I have been looking all over my drugstores for these two products. I've seen swatches online and pictures of the display for months. But only this past week they started to appear in drug stores in my area.

The first item which is basically what I was looking for are the new matte Maybelline Color Tattoos. I love the color tattoos and when I saw that they were making matte ones, I knew I wanted to try it. This on is in Matte Brown, which you guess it is matte brown. The other two colors are a matte pink and another more yellow/skin tone color. I am on the look for those two too, but everyone I see the displays they are totally empty.
 
 I am absolutely in love with this color! It's the perfect base for any matte or shimmery brown shadow I may be applying on top. Or, if I'm just creating a natural look and I would put some of this in my crease. I really have nothing but positive things to say about this because the Maybelline tattoos are always a fantastic product and never fail.

This next product is a newer blush to the Maybelline line. I have been loving plum colored blushes this fall and I thought this would be a beautiful color. First, I have to say it's very pigmented and smooth when swatching it. But as I'm sure you can see from the sheen that it's very shimmery. I'm not sure if this is just the top layer but for some people the glitter might be too much. For me, it wasn't terribly glittery. I used it on my cheeks and there was shimmer, but I thought it just added a nice sheen to my cheeks and dueled as a highlighter.

Overall, for many people the glitter might be took much. But I am very impressed with how beautiful the color is and how smooth it is and the way it applies to my cheeks.
 

Have you tired either the blush or the matte color tattoo? What do you think?
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of the new color tattoos in my local stores! :(
    Anyway, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that blush in my stores yet. I will have to check it out.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't seen the color tattoo either! I'm really excited to get my hands on it though.

    ReplyDelete