Hello beauties! This is my second post in my Starting Your Makeup Collection Series. (You can click here to view the first post).
For this post, I am still sticking to drugstore products. But if you find something higher end you would love to try, then go ahead. But I suggest starting small so you can figure out what you like before spending a lot of money.
Also, for this post I am not adding on any more tools. Everything I am talking about now can be used with what you already have, or with your fingers.
Face- Starting on face products, we already mentioned a powder, concealer and blush. For this next step I suggest starting with BB creams. Going straight into liquid foundations could be very heavy and overwhelming. BB Creams are great because most of them have SPF, correct your skin tone, and don't feel heavy on your face.
You can just simply apply some on your fingers and smooth it on all over your face to give a natural look. Then just continue with concealer, setting everything with a powder and topping it with some blush.
- My all time favorite BB cream is the Maybelline Dream BB Cream. There is a great selection of shades, it has SPF 15 and feels great on your skin.
- The Garnier BB Cream was my first ever BB cream and it's amazing. It really balances your skin color, and a little can go a long way. It also comes in two different formulas- one for dry and one for more oily skin.- Third, is a new product for me but I loved it instantly. It's the POND'S Luminous Finish BB+ Cream. It has SPF 15, feels great on the skin, but the only thing is that for right now it only comes in Light and Medium.
Lips- Last time we spoke about lip balms, and now we will go a step further. Lip butters is a great next step. They are super moisturizing, very pigmented and simple to apply. There are also a great color selection so you can choose which color best fits your needs.
- I love the Maybelline Color Whispers (Click here for a review)
- The Revlon Lip Butters are also great and very pigmented
- Covergirl makes a great jumbo lip pencil that is super easy to apply and slightly stains your lips so it will last all day
- Revlon also makes jumbo lip pencils that are very similar
Eyes- I suggest to start small when starting to apply colors to your eyelids. I think it's best to start with cream shadows. They last a long time, don't require a primer and are very pigmented and can look like you spent a lot of time on your eyes.
- Maybelline Color Tattoos are my number one suggestions. There is a huge color selection and every single one is very pigmented and beautiful on the eyes.
- Revlon ColorStay Smoky Shadow Stick: Revlon makes these dual ended shows sticks so you can mix and match different colors and really create a creative eye look
- Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow: Revlon also makes these cream shadow palettes. They also have a wide color selection, but my favorite is the neutral one in Not Just Nudes (you can see it here).
I hope this was helpful! Stay tuned for Part III!